Out with the old and in with the new!
There's a fresh new spirit of possibility in the air, and there's no better way to start a new chapter. More than half of all Americans start January with a resolution (or three), and for good reason. Resolutions help provide focus. They help define our dreams and give us the unique opportunity to connect our desires to actions. They cause us to stretch, encourage us to grow. Simply put, having goals makes us better.
But remember this...the key to long-term change lies in winning the battle of the mind. Spend January strengthening your mental health and success is sure to follow.
Use our 10-Day Checklists and suggestions for all-natural support, and soon you'll consider all those goals accomplishments!
Fuel for Thought
Basic Blends for Staying the Course
Try inhaling these directly from your hands, use in a table-top or plug-in diffuser, or mix with carrier oil for a motivational all-body massage.
•2 Drops Cinnamon Leaf + 2 Drops Lime + 2 Drops Organic Frankincense + 2 Drops Organic Orange
•2 Drops Pink Grapefruit + 2 Drops Eucalyptus + 2 Drops Organic Orange
•2 Drops Red Mandarin + 2 Drops Lemongrass + 2 Drops Wintergreen Wild
BUILD A FOUNDATION
Spend 5-10 minutes practicing mindful breathing and 5-10 minutes in meditation. Consider the prompt "my best version of myself". Record your thoughts.
Create a gratitude list. List 10 things you love about yourself
Create an opportunities list. List 10 things you can improve about yourself or your life mentally, physically, socially, or spiritually.
From your list of opportunities, choose 5 goals you will accomplish in 2018.
For each of your goals schedule achievement milestones and choose rewards you'll enjoy for small accomplishments.
Diffuser Blend for Motivation and Clarity
1. Add oils to a favorite diffuser as indicated.
To use, diffuse during self-assessment exercises and daily (particularly in the morning) as needed.
- 8 drops INSPIRE Uplifting Blend
- 4 drops Organic Ylang Ylang
- 4 drops Cedarwood Atlas
- 2 drops Organic Geranium
- 5 drops Ravintsara
- 4 oz. Hand & Body Lotion
- Amber glass jar with air-tight lid
- Place Hand & Body Lotion in glass jar.
- Add essential oils and mix to combine.
To use, apply to the chest area and/or the middle of the back as an aid for mindful breathing.
- 10 drops REFUGE Calming Blend
- 6 drops Wild Myrrh
- 4 drops Organic Frankincense OR 2 drops Rose
- Massage Oil
- 15 ml. Empty Amber Bottle
- Add Authentic Oils to empty bottle.
- Fill with Massage Oil and swirl to combine.
This blend is especially helpful with overcoming the guilt and doubt sometimes associated with considering ways we can change or improve.
To use, apply to the entire body as part of a calming, restorative evening ritual or massage over the pulse points and upper chest as needed for grounding support.
SET THE STAGE
- Prepare: Start strong! Utilize Authentic Essential Oils to bring more energy to your morning routine.
- Prepare: Before work, school, or beginning other daily tasks, take 15 minutes to meditate and review your goals and specific intentions for the day.
- Prepare: Set aside a dedicated weekday evening (or two!) to create a vision board. Include written goal statements and illustrations of how your life will be impacted by achieving each resolution you are working towards.
- Maintain: Make a mini motivation kit to keep with you throughout the day. Include a favorite quote or photo of your goal and a roll-on bottle of essential oils for easy application any time or place.
- Maintain: Establish a ritual of evening check-in. Schedule 15 minutes to review the day and celebrate accomplishments.
Sweet Citrus Sunshine
- 25 drops Organic Orange
- •25 drops Pink Grapefruit
- 5 drops PURITY Refreshing Blend
- 8 oz. mild Castile soap
- 20 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 4 tsp. vegetable glycerin
- 10 oz. amber glass bottle with lid
- Add essential oils to glass bottle.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
Note: Citrus essential oils can cause skin irritation if used without proper dilution. Use additional caution when using on children.
Mind over Matter
- 1 drop Peppermint
- 1 drop Red Mandarin
- 1 drop CORE Balancing Blend
- Carrier Oil
- .05 oz. Clear Roll-On Bottle
- Add Authentic Oils to roll-on bottle.
- Fill with Carrier Oil and swirl to combine.
To use, apply to the back of the neck, up the forearms and to pulse points on the wrists and earlobes.
- 5 drops INSPIRE Uplifting Blend
- 5 drops Peppermint
- 3 drops Red Mandarin
- Add oils to a favorite diffuser as indicated.
To use, diffuse during creative periods like when building vision boards and in the morning while setting intentions and reviewing goals for the day. (Apply the blend to a cotton ball or make-up applicator and store in a zip-top bag for use as on-the-go aromatherapy throughout the day.)
- Prepare: In order to maintain the focus, energy and stamina real change demands, take better care of your body.
- Prepare: Schedule an ongoing weekly meal planning appointment to think through healthy options for regular meals and snacks on the go.
- Prepare: Aim for 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night.
- Maintain: Aim for 30 minutes to 1 hour of moderate exercise (or play!) daily.
- Maintain: Take precautions to support your immune system and avoid exposure to germs, bacteria, and toxins.
- 3 drops Organic Lavender
- 3 drops Wild Rosemary
- 2 drops Sandalwood
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1/4 cup sea salts
- Add all ingredients to running bathwater.
(massage oil for muscles)
- 8 drops RECOVER Soothing Blend
- 3 drops CORE Balancing Blend
- 2 drops Organic Helichrysum
- 1/4 cup Massage Oil
- Glass bottle or jar with air-tight lid
- Add Authentic Oils to glass bottle or jar.
- Fill with Massage Oil and swirl to combine.
Sanitizing Surface Wipes
- 5 drops Tea Tree
- 5 drops Cinnamon Leaf
- 5 drops Lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Carrier Oil
- ¾ cup distilled water
- ½ standard roll of paper towels cut in half or 10-12 squares of soft cotton fabric (old t-shirts work great!)
- Large zip-top bag or air-tight glass container
- Mix Carrier Oil, essential oils and water in a small bowl, then place in zip-top or air-tight container.
- Add paper towels or fabric squares, seal and let sit until soaked through.