The world's favorite four-letter word. Ancient Chinese philosopher, Lao Tzu once explained that, "being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" and we couldn't agree more. Love is a wonderful opening of hearts and minds; a flicker of excitement and of joy.
If you're looking to give some love away this month, look no further. We've got fun DIY ideas for creating authentic gifts and sharing goodness with lovers, friends and family. Here's hoping your love days are filled with candy, kisses and much much more.
FOR THE HOME
GATHER 'ROUND THE GIVING TABLE
There's no better place to celebrate love than at home. Kick off your special season by gathering the whole family for a fun dinner and craft night. Make your own perfume blends for gifts or for dropping on love letters and cards, then these easy aromatherapy charms for keepsakes, necklaces and key chains. "Love isn't love until it's given away." Your friends, family and kids' classmates will adore these fun favorites.
Pure Rose PerfumeIngredients
- 10 drops Sandalwood
- 5 drops Organic Lavender
- 20 drops Rose
- Carrier Oil
- amber bottle with lid
- Depending on your preferences, add essential oils to an empty amber bottle. (Our recipe is for a lightly scented perfume. To make yours stronger double the number of drops we recommend.)
- Fill the remainder of the bottle with Carrier Oil, cap tightly and let rest for 3-4 days to allow the blend to meld.
- Store in a cool, dark place. Shake gently before using.
Authentic Aromatherapy CharmsIngredients
- terra-cotta clay
- mini cookie cutters (1" to 1 ½" in diameter)
- small decorative stamps (from craft and scrapbooking stores)
- rolling pin•wax paper
- baking sheet
- favorite essential oils (we recommend Organic Lavender, Pink Grapefruit and INSPIRE Uplifting Blend)
- Work a handful of clay in your hands until it becomes soft and pliable, and then roll out to ½" thickness on wax paper.
- Use mini cookie cutters to cut individual shapes from the clay.
- Use rubber stamp to add designs.
- If you plan to add your charms to necklaces, bracelets or key chains, use a toothpick or drinking straw to make a hole on the top. (Add a small amount of water with your fingertips to smooth any rough edges.)
- Place charms on a baking sheet and allow to dry. (Follow the specific directions included with your clay. Some brands recommend air drying, others baking in the oven.)
- Once dry, add 2-3 drops of your preferred oil to each charm.
Romantic Gifts and Personal Care Pleasures
Handmade gifts are always more meaningful - and when made with pure essential oils they're as good for the body as for the soul. This year why not upgrade the standard massage oil and give a beautiful bar instead? It's ideal for massage but also makes for a luxurious everyday moisturizer. A little something for mom, sisters and best friends perhaps?
And for the special men in your life, try our classic pre-shave and beard oil blends. These feature subtle, woodsy scents every man is sure to admire.
Love Potion #9 Healing Massage BarsIngredients
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shea butter
- 1 cup beeswax
- 10 -12 drops favorite essential oils (we recommend Organic Lavender, Organic Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood and Rose)
- quart-sized glass jar
- silicone baking cups or muffin tin to use as a mold
- Combine coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax in glass jar. Place inside a small pot of water and heat gently to medium-high. Stir until melted evenly and combined.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils.
- Carefully pour mixture into preferred mold.
- Allow bars to cool to room temperature. Remove from molds and place on paper towel or cutting board to harden. (If necessary, place muffin tin on warm stovetop for a few seconds to loosen the bars for removal.)
- Wrap in parchment paper and add ribbon or twine. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Woodsman Pre-Shave Oil BlendIngredients
- 15 ml Carrier Oil
- 15 ml jojoba oil
- drops Pine Needle
- 4 drops Sandalwood