DiscoverNatural Sweetener/Safe for Diabetics!
Sweeten foods and beverages with Xylitol low calorie sweetner. This natural sugar substitute has a glycemic index of 7, so it's great for reducing carbs and calories. And it tastes great!
- Supplies 40% fewer calories than sugar.
- Does not promote tooth decay.
- Replaces sugar in most recipes and is heat stable.
How It Works
How It WorksXylitol looks and tastes like table sugar, but it’s a natural, low-calorie, low-carb substitute. Its remarkable properties stem from its unique molecular structure. Most sugar-like molecules have a six-carbon “hexose” unit.
Xylitol is a five-carbon “pentitol” sugar. Because of its distinctive arrangement of atoms, bacteria cannot utilize it for energy. This chemical structure inhibits the ability of our bodies to fully metabolize it as well.
For this reason, xylitol has a limited effect on blood sugar levels. Its low glycemic index of 7 makes it a terrific solution for carb-counters as well as those trying to lose weight.
Active Ingredients100% pure xylitol without any corn residue.
How to Use
How to Use
- Xylitol can be substituted for table sugar and other sweeteners without compromising taste or texture. It may take a few days for the body to become accustomed to digesting xylitol; until that time it is recommended that xylitol be gradually introduced into the diet over a period of a few weeks.
- Xylitol can be used to sweeten foods and beverages or in cooking and baking. Because xylitol does not ferment or crystallize, it cannot be used to replace table sugar in some bread and candy recipes.
- Unlike sugar, xylitol can be left on the teeth overnight. To obtain the maximum dental benefits of xylitol, use 4–12 grams each day.
CAUTION: This product and other products containing xylitol must not be given to pets.