Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning it can’t be produced by the body. Nevertheless, it has many roles in your body and has been linked to impressive health benefits.
- May Reduce the Risk of Chronic Diseases
- May Help Battle High Blood Pressure
- Fights Heart Disease Risk Factors, Potentially Lowering Heart Disease Risk
- Could Reduce Blood Uric Acid Levels and Help Prevent Gout Attacks
- Helps Prevent Iron Deficiencies by Improving Iron Absorption
- Boosts Immunity by Helping White Blood Cells Function Better
- Protects Your Memory and Thinking as You Age
- Supports the immune system.
- Scavenges free radicals.
- Aids in collagen production.
- Provides 1,800 mg vitamin C per serving.
Vitamin C Ascorbates powder mixes easily into water or other beverages to give your immune system a boost and aid in collagen production.
How It Works
Vitamin C is an antioxidant, and it performs many functions involving the immune system and tissue development. It is involved in iron absorption and in the syntheses of enzymes, hormones and proteins.
The adrenal glands need large amounts of this nutrient in order to support immunity and help produce energy. Water-soluble, vitamin C is easily washed from the body and needs to be replaced constantly.
Without vitamin C, the body cannot make collagen, the substance that holds the body’s cells together and maintains skin integrity. These buffered ascorbates are easier on the stomach and may benefit people who have difficulty taking higher potencies of ascorbic acid.
1,800 mg Vitamin C per serving, plus calcium, potassium and magnesium ascorbates; acerola fruit extract; rutin and hesperidin bioflavonoid extract.
How to Use
Add approximately 1 slightly rounded teaspoon (4.5 grams) to a glass of liquid and stir vigorously. Take once daily.