- Offers an emotionally grounding effect
- May help user feel a greater sense of peace
- Has a clean, energizing aroma
- Is commonly found in skin care blends
- Is often used as a deodorant
How It Works
Cypress sports a medium fragrance note with refreshing hints of evergreen and spice with clean, earthy undertones.
When used aromatically or blended with Nature's Sunshine Hand & Body Lotion or Carrier Oil, this powerful, woodsy essential oil provides emotional grounding and a deep connection to inner peace and belonging in high-energy moments. Essential oils are basically plant extracts, made by steaming or pressing various parts of a plant (flowers, bark, leaves or fruit) to capture the compounds that produce fragrance. It can take several pounds of a plant to produce a single bottle of essential oil. In addition to creating scent, essential oils perform other functions in plants, too.
Aromatherapy is the practice of using essential oils for therapeutic benefit. Aromatherapy has been used for centuries. When inhaled, the scent molecules in essential oils travel from the olfactory nerves directly to the brain and especially impact the amygdala, the emotional center of the brain.Essential oils can also be absorbed by the skin.
The applications of essential oils are diverse. Widely used in cosmetics and perfumes, they also have medicinal applications due to their therapeutic properties as well as agro-alimentary uses because of their antimicrobial and antioxidant effects.
Active Ingredients100% pure Cupressus sempervirens leaf oil from Spain
How to Use
- Essential oils may be used aromatically or topically in a variety of ways including diffusers, massage, compresses, baths, scrubs, lotions and sprays.
- Essential oils should be diluted with Nature’s Sunshine Massage Oil or Carrier Oil before applying topically.