Cleansing & Detoxifying
Blackheads, Blemish-Prone Skin, Bumpy Skin, Clogged Pores, Dehydration,
Maintaining your skin’s health isn’t only about keeping your face clear.
Baring a bumpy back can be stressful but back facials can help your skin to glow all over.
The benefits of a back facial vary based on your skin type.
An oily skin/acne back facial will clear up clogged pores, with extra attention on extractions. It helps refine the skin texture, and makes it smoother and clearer.
Other skin types that can benefit from a back facial are mature, sun-damaged and hyperpigmented skin types. Using glycolic peels, microdermabrasion and vitamin C will help even out skin tone. Since the skin on the back is a lot thicker than the skin on the face, more people will be able to receive this add-on for the back—whereas the face might be too sensitive. So just as with a regular facial, it is a great way to upgrade your back facial.
Dry skin will love a back facial! While it can be easy to keep a clean back with the assistance of back scrubbing shower tools, moisturizing the back and treating dry skin on oneself is much more challenging to do.
1 treatment weekly for 4 to 6 weeks
Clears up clogged pores, helps refine the skin texture, removes dry and dead sin, makes skin overall more smooth and clear.
How It Works
Back facials can be beneficial in cleansing those tough-to-reach spots, targeting a variety of skin care needs such as clogged pores, back acne, and dehydrated skin.
The back facial follows the same steps as a traditional European facial:
- Cleanse: Remove the impurities at the surface of the skin. A battery-operated cleansing brush and foaming gel cleanser can be used, particularly for oily and congested skin types.
- Exfoliate: Remove dead cells, increase microcirculation and improve skin texture.
- Deep cleanse: Using a deep-pore cleanser to liquefy sebum and unclog the pores, it is recommended to do the cleansing-exfoliation-deep pore cleansing steps under steam—you can always recommend that the client use the steam room facility if you have one available.
- Extractions: Following the steps above will make it easier for you to perform the extractions. Extractions are a necessary step in a back facial treatment, since it is an area that clients cannot reach themselves.
- Treatment serum/ampoule: This intensive infusion of active ingredients should be targeted according to the customer’s concern: the formula can be hydrating, soothing or purifying. It can even be anti-aging or brightening.
- Relaxation: The back is an area where the body holds a lot of tension. It is always valuable to include a neck-shoulder-back massage in your back facial.
- Treatment mask: This would also be customized according to the client’s concern. Typically, a clay-based mask would be used for oily/acne prone skin, and a gel or cream-based mask to deeply hydrate dry/mature/sun exposed skin.